The installation steps of the door closer
Before installation, you must read the installation instructions carefully, and don't forget to install the plastic cover, which can be used to catch the hydraulic oil leaking from the door closer. Determine the installation position according to the orientation, the size of the door closing force and the installation dimension between the door closer body, the connecting seat and the door hinge.
• According to the requirements of the closing force, the closing force can be changed by inverting the connecting seat by 180° or changing the connection position between the connecting rod and the connecting seat. The greater the distance between the adjustment connecting rod and the center line of the door hinge, the smaller the closing force of the door closer, and vice versa.
• Determine the position of the mounting screws according to the instructions of the installation manual, then drill and tap.
• Install the door closer body with the screws after determining the mounting positions of the screws.
• Install the fixed connector; then install the driver board with screws.
• Adjust the adjustment rod to 90° with the door frame, then connect the connecting rod to the drive plate; and install the plastic cover, which can be used to catch the hydraulic oil leaking from the door closer.
• After the installation is completed, check whether the fixing screws are tightened, and there should be no loose or loose phenomenon. Open the door to the maximum open position and check that the hinged arm of the door closer does not touch or rub against the door or frame.
• Adjust the closing speed of the door closer as required. Usually door closers have 2 speed regulating (throttle spool) screws. The upper adjustment screw is the first stage closing speed adjustment screw, and the lower adjustment screw is the second stage (usually 10º) door closing speed adjustment screw.
Post time: Dec-16-2021